Thursday, July 21, 2016

construction themed birthday cake

The story started when I saw someone's post about excavator themed birthday cake in facebook. Frankly speaking, I almost left facebook some years ago until my husband said, "you must try to open the facebook again, I'm sure that you'll love it". And yap, he knows me that well, now I can't through a day without opening a facebook page. Back to the birthday cake, the post reminds me about Abang Dzaki, my nephew who is really into excavator. He always screams for it as if a teenage girl screams for Justin Bieber, and I don't know why. So, I got the idea to make him the cake as the gift.

Since, the birthday was on saturday, I don't have enough time to go to baking supplier for buying the ingredients, so I use Black Forest "PONDAN" premix. I used crushed "OREO" cookies and indomaret choconut spread as the soil, the nuts exactly looked like gravels.

Again, for the excuse of not having enough time, I passed the baton on decorating the cake to my crafty husband. As I expected, he had a greater idea to use the oreo cream to form some stones. And this is the result:


As the bonus, we also made another cake to my other cousin as he had the same birthday with dzaki.




So proud of our collaboration.

Salam,

_Asti Ramadhani_


No comments:

Post a Comment